Our goal at Urban Optiques was simple: Create a different kind of vision care experience — one that stands out from impersonal, rushed, assembly-line approach of corporate-run vision care chains and discount eyewear shops.
Inspired by mavericks and trailblazers in other industries and walks-of life outside of optometry and health care, we’re obsessed at Urban Optiques with creating a patient and client experience that focuses on complete and personalized vision care, amazing eyewear product, and a relentless obsession with the little things that matter to people.
Founded in 1995 as Urban Optiks, the boutique quickly established itself as one of Northville and Metro-Detroit’s premier sources for cutting edge, fashionable designer eyewear.
In 2004, Urban Optiks was purchased by Dr. Rob Diegel and underwent a eyewear upgrade.
Under Dr. Rob’s management, Urban Optiks quickly grew into one of the area’s most successful independently-owned optometry practices, drawing patients and clients (including many of Detroit’s professional athletes, business professionals and trend setters) from as far away as Birmingham and Troy.
In October 2009, Dr. Michelle Calder Cardwell O.D. purchased Urban Optiks and rebranded the practice “Urban Optiques.” While the name and owner may have changed, the business’ 15 year history of offering some of the area’s most desirable eyewear in a relaxed, cool environment, remains.
What has changed is our ability to invest even more heavily in the latest optometric equipment, designer eyewear and patient and client experience. This includes:
- Adding new cutting-edge optometric equipment to meet our primary mission of helping you see. Our new equipment allows us to more easily diagnose and treat developing or existing ocular disease, including glaucoma, macular degeneration, cataracts, and diabetes-related eye disease.
- Renovating the patient exam area of Urban Optiques to provide a pre-exam area and larger examination room
- Remodeling our office, including new paint, an brand new bathroom and an expanded pre-exam area.
- Upgrading the practice’s technology infrastructure to better take advantage of the Web and improve scheduling efficiency
- Offering patients a wider-range of communications options, including e-mail, phone, click-to-call, chat/instant messaging and even text messaging.
- Building the Internet’s most innovative and comprehensive vision care and eyewear website that sets the benchmark not just for optometry, but health care providers overall. This includes an extensive library of online vision care educational resources, articles and video; a full online catalog of our designer eyewear lines; virtual tours of our facility; and even a virtual eye exam that helps you understand what to expect when you visit Urban Optiques.
- Launching the popular Visionista Blog to give our patients the 411 on the latest trends in fashion eyewear and optics.
- Expanding our designer eyewear frame and sunglasses stock to include even more options to help you see and be seen. Most recently we’ve added the Blinde and Modo Eco Lines, in addition to growing our collection of Chrome Hearts Eyewear to be the largest and deepest in Metro-Detroit.
- Placing added focus on the details of our patient experience , including improving scheduling processes, follow-up and overall patient experience improvements (including our famous complimentary espresso and tea and gourmet doggie treats.)
As always, if there is anything at all we can do to improve your experience at Urban Optiques, just let us know. You can e-mail ideas and suggestions to email@example.com.