Join the Urban Optiques Team and help us to help our patients and clients see and be seen. Check out the job listings below for current employment opportunities.
A great opportunity for an optician or college under-graduate preparing to pursue a post-graduate degree in optometry to gain hands-on, real-world experience and knowledge in an fast-paced optometry practice.
- Improve your odds of gaining admission to optometry school
- Gain valuable knowledge that can help with post-grad coursework
- Receive daily mentoring from the practice staff and O.D.
- Learn how to properly operate optometric equipment
- Perform pre-exam workups and assist the doctor in clinic examinations
- Must be professional, enthusiastic and have not only an excellent work ethic, but also be open to feedback and new ideas.
Urban Optiques is looking for an experienced, polished and highly-organized optician/practice manager to assist the practice owner/optometrist with day-to-day practice operations and optical sales.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day operations of the practice, including:
- opening and closing
- patient scheduling
- patient/client relations
- quality assurance
- medical/insurance billing
- optical sales
This is a position that carries a great deal of broad responsibility for ensuring the highest-quality client service and patient care at the practice. You will oversee other Urban Optiques staff to ensure an exceptional client experience.
The ideal candidate will be:
- extremely dependable
- experienced in optical practice operations and medical/optical billing
- experienced (or at least very comfortable) selling high-end eyewear to a demanding clientele.
Excellent customer service skills and personal presentation are also critical to this role.
You will work closely with the owner/doctor to ensure smooth practice processes, select eyewear, troubleshoot patient/client issues, fit lenses and work with labs and third party vendors/reps.
Highly-desirable soft skills include:
- A passion for eyewear
- Get-it-done attitude
- High-level of personal integrity
- Familiarity with optical/eyewear/fashion trends
- Ability to think and act quickly on your feet and identify emerging issues before they become "issues"
- Positive outlook
- Strong work ethic.
In return, you will have the opportunity to actively participate (and benefit from) making Urban Optiques Metro-Detroit's premier eyewear and vision boutique.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic and entrepreneurial-minded optician/practice manager to join an existing, but rapidly growing, optical practice and help it grow. Profit-sharing (not commissions) are possible for the right candidate.
This is a full-time position.
Years of Experience: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in optical fitting, sales and general practice management/operations.
How To Apply: Please apply via e-mail at email@example.com and include a resume as an attachment or within the body of the e-mail.Apply Now